Class A, B or C Commercial Licenses
You must have a commercial driver license (CDL) to operate any of the following:
- Class A – Any Combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, or towing a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more.
- Class B – Any Single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Class C – Any Single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 26,001 pounds.
- Vehicles designed to transport sixteen or more passengers, including the driver.
- Vehicles used in the transportation of hazardous materials which are required to be placarded under the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act.
Commercial License Endorsements:
- H – Authorizes the driver to drive a vehicle transporting Hazardous Materials
- K – Restricts the driver to vehicles not equipped with air brakes
- T – Authorizes driving doubles and triple trailers
- P – Authorizes driving vehicles carrying passengers
- N – Authorizes driving Tank vehicles
- X – Represents a combination of hazardous materials and tank vehicle endorsements
- S – Restricts the driver to school buses being operated for the purpose of transporting pupils to and from school or to school related functions.
Class D Commercial License
All other vehicles or combination of vehicles which are not included in Class A, Class B or Class C and for which a Commercial License is required to be issued as provided by Section 63-1-43.